torsdag 10. mars 2011

England!

I just visited my friend Carina in Middlesbrough, England. It was lovely!
Pretty street in the evening, on the way to Frank.
We really just chilled, and she showed me parts of Middlesbrough, and I was amazed by a specific shop that was called Cucumber.
Want to guess what that really was?
Here it is. The wretched Cucumber.
A hairdresser. A friggin' hairdresser called Cucumber. Where is the logic? Where is the appealing message hidden in the name? Does 'Cucumber' mean you'll look like a cucumber on your head after visiting? I wouldn't like to test the Moirai (goddesses of fate and destiny) to find out. They might end up cutting my life-string instead... And over what, a Cucumber!? No, Sir, I will not have any of that!
And I was so sure it was a sodding restaurant, that I even suggested going there when we were eating out.
I mean what about "Cucumber" does not state "food"? I mean really. Who think "hair" when they hear Cucumber? Maybe they had a hard time deciding on the name and just opened a dictionary, got C and pointed on that word.... Maybe if they had come a little further up they'd get Cock, and that, that would be mighty unfortunate. Who would go to a hairdresser named after a fucking chicken!?
But then again, those who want vegetable hair, would probably go to a fucking cock hairdresser...
*giggle* OK I'm being childish.
But it's a little fun...

Anyhow, was really nice to see Carina again, she lived in a nice-but-freezing flat, and we huddled together under her quilt and watched Ventrue Bros. and Twilight Zone. It was great fun :) And very nice.

Edinburgh Castle
Oh, and I also had a two-day-trip with Maren to Edinburgh! We walked through the whole friggin' city and went bonkers on seeing stuff and.... PICTURES!

These guys really know how to name stuff!
Oh, and we tasted the worlds best FUDGE! My tongue died a little, and was resurrected when I tasted that.
I couldn't help but laugh a little at that name..
It was an incredibly beautiful city, and I wouldn't think twice if someone wanted to drag me back there :)
Bobby! The awesome Greyfriar's dog.
Awesome! YEEHAW

6 kommentarer:

  1. Jeg savner fudgen! Men jeg tror ikke tennene mine gjør det...

    SvarSlett
  2. Haha, nei... men den var forbaska god altså! Jeg kommer til å legge inn masse bilder i denne posten fra Edinburgh, derfor jeg begrensa den litt, så vi heller kan nyte "utsikten" i stedet for det sære sølet jeg skriver om :P

    SvarSlett
  3. We all know what you really mean by "cock" :P

    SvarSlett
  4. I'm sorry, I do not know what you mean! :P

    SvarSlett
  5. Eg fortalte om den hunden når eg hadde engelskeksamen i tiende, leraren min begynte nesten å grina. Edinburgh e fantastisk. Og om to dagar reisa eg te Maren!

    SvarSlett
  6. åååh, da må du ha god tur og gi maren en gedigen klem i fra meg :D og ja Bobby er awesome :)

    SvarSlett